Food safety and Quality certifications
Our company in line with a food safety policy and constant innovation got the following quality certifications: IFS and BRC standards.
The IFS (International Food Standard) and BRC (British Retail Consortium) standards aim at supportingan effective selection of GDO brand food suppliers based on their capacity to supply safe products compliant with contract specifications and legal requirements. They represent an effective model recognised in Europe and in the rest of the World. They consist of food safety standards, recognised by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), an international initiative, aiming at reinforcing and promoting food safety along the supply chain.
They are granted to food companies supplying retailer brand food products.
The standards identify specific features of a management system focused on quality and hygienic-sanitary safety of any product, taking HACCP method as a reference for planning and implementation into account.
The main features are:
- Reference food practice enforcement;
- HACCP system enforcement;
- Adoption of a documented quality management system;
- Standard control of any working place, product, process and staff;
- Enforcement of unique specifications as for raw materials, semifinished and finished products used throughout the production process of the certified company.
- Reduction of the number of secondary inspections, that is inspections enforced on behalf of customers onthe vendor, thus cutting cost both for customers and supplier;
- Standard International recognition thus complying with any request from customers from all over Europe.
The company is BRC and IFS certified since 2011.
Bresaola della Valtellina P.g.i. (protected geographical indication).
The definition protected geographical indication, better known with the acronym P.g.i. (or IGP in italian), refers to the origin brand granted by the European Union to any agricultural and food products whose quality, fame and any other features depend on its geographical origin, and whose production, processing and/or manufacturing technique is enforced within a specified geographical area.
To get the P.g.i., therefore, at least one step of the production process should be enforced within a specific area, which in the case of Bresaola is the Sondrio province,among the Central Alps. We have been manufacturing Bresaola della Valtellina for years, in compliance with the production techniques set in the relating production disciplinary rules, whose compliance is checked by a reference control body.